Matters of Interest :
- My amulet collection - Somdej Phra Tat Phanom 2401...
- Words of Wisdom 17
- Is there a Buddhist equivalent of Christmas?
- Why do people do all kinds of strange things in Bu...
- My amulet collection - Small size ancient Phra Tha...
- I have heard people say that Buddhist worship idol...
- Photos of old Phra Phong Suphan - Phra Tat Phanom
- Words of Wisdom 16
- Buddhist Poem #6
- Photos of ancient small Phra Nark Prok of Phra Tat...
- If the Buddha is not a god why do people worship h...
- Shinkoku-O Gosho - Part 5
- Was the Buddha a god?
- My amulet collection - Medium size ancient Phra Th...
- Words of Wisdom 15
- If the Buddha is dead how can he help us?
- Wasn't it irresponsible for the Buddha to walk out...
- If he was only called 'Buddha' after he had this p...
- Photos of Somdej Phra Tat Phanom 2401 (Dark color,...
- Nichiren Shōnin’s Goibun Words: Urabon Gosho (On t...
- Shinkoku-O Gosho - Part 4
- Who was the Buddha?
- Buddhist Poem #5
- Some photos taken by my friend in the temple where...
- Is Buddhism a philosophy?
- What is Buddhism?
- My collection of Sarira (Shakyamuni's Heart Sarira...
- ▼ August (27)
- ► 2010 (43)
Thursday, 11 August 2011
If the Buddha is dead how can he help us?
Faraday who discovered electricity is dead, but what he discovered still help us. Louis Pasteur who found the cure for so many diseases is also dead, but his medical discoveries still save lives. Leonardo da Vinvi who created masterpieces of art is dead, but what he created can still uplift the heart and give joy. Great heroes and heroines may have been dead for centuries but when we read of their deeds and achievements we can still be inspired to act as they did. Yes, the Buddha passed away but 2500 years later his teaching still help people, his example still inspires people, his words still change lives. Only a Buddha could have such power centuries after his passing.
by S. Dhammika
by S. Dhammika
Due to this merits,
May I soon,
Attain the enlightened state of Guru Buddha,
That I may be able to librate all sentient beings from their suffering.
May the precious bodhi mind, Not yet been born in me, will arise and grow.
May the birth have no decline, and will increase forever more.
Namu Myo Ho Renge Kyo